August 22, 2012
The closing of these accounts is likely due to the fact that they breach facebook’s terms of service by not using a real name / being a secondary account.
Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
One of Facebook’s main priorities is the comfort and safety of our members. Your account was disabled for violating the Facebook Terms.
- You account must list your real, full name.
- Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed.
- Facebook profiles (timelines) must represent individual people only. It’s a violation of these guidelines to use a profile (timeline) to represent anything other than yourself (ex: celebrities, pets, ideas, objects).
- Accounts created for the purpose of spamming or harassing others are strictly prohibited.
If you have a cosplay only account you should check to see if it is still online, and if it involves cosplay in the name you may want to change the name of the account. You may also want to save photos or anything else that you don’t want to lose in case your account is closed randomly.
Entry filed under: News. Tags: .