Posts filed under ‘Tutorial’
Hello all! I’m currently working on a Lillymon cosplay for Anime North which is in 16 days! Wish me luck, I’m going to need it! I’ll also be showing you my progress and giving tips, hopefully this will help out other Lillymon cosplayers!
This is one of my boot covers. For those that don’t know, bootcovers are a cheap way to get a custom looking boot without even needing to buy a boot! Bootcovers work by making a fabric cover for a pair of boots or shoes, that looks like a boot or shoe. You can check out ways to make bootcovers on the tutorial list! http://cosplaytutorial.com/list.php#boots
I made my mockup on some extra fabric I had lying around, and then used that to create the boot covers. They are lined, but they do not have interfacing since it manages to stand up without it. The bottom yellow is done with bias tape which is finishing the open hem. The front flower was painted on with acrylic paint, using a stencil. The side flowers were cut from yellow fleece and the pedals were painted orange with watered down acrylic paint, it helps make it a bit stiffer. They were sewn on with the machine.
I haven’t decided how they will be attached yet. I have an old pair of shoes I plan to convert into cosplay bootcover shoes by attacking velcro to the shoe, so these might be attached with a combination of velcro and thick elastic on the bottom .
These are my cute sleeves!
There are three major parts to this. One is the sleeve with a rolled hem which is the top rectangular shape. I made this by measuring the widest point of my arm, and the length I wanted it to be. I drew this out on the fabric and cut that out. I sewed up along the edge to create a tube and then I did a rolled hem on the top to finish it. I plan to make a tutorial on this later that goes into more detail, but I created the image below to help you out for now:
And for the dress, that is my plan for today! I’m making it a little different from how her dress actually looks, I want to add the pedals on the outside rather than have them be part of the actual dress. Hopefully it is a good addition!
Add comment May 9, 2012
So Mjolnir is finished! This prop was made for my friend Josh who is a big fan of Thor!
Making the Prop:
- Green Foam
- Wood Filler
- Wooden Dowel
- Acrylic Paint
Add comment April 9, 2011
So I re-made my dark magician girl staff. I used similar methods but just took more time overall 🙂
The original Staff:
Add comment February 18, 2011